Monday, June 30, 2008

Thing # 9

I tried all the different search tools listed. I found Bloglines and Google Blog search easiest to use for me. They are really just like using Google search but you only look for blogs or RSS feeds. Very easy! But as I am still new at the blog stuff, I do not know what I would want to read about on a regular basis. So for now I have added some hobby interests like birding, and curriculum interests like dinosaurs and birds to my other more news like feeds.
As I was reading another person's blog I noticed a great application for the RSS feeds. For whoever at you school who assists with the daily broadcast, having feeds from the sites you use would be great- weather, person or today in history...All the info would be right there and ready to use each day.
I also agree that we have to be careful about the source of these feeds. Are they really accurated and reliable sources? How can we double check? This would be a great stepping stone or reveiw of checking sources.
I also found some RSS feeds by just going to the sites that I use like KHOU, history channel.. and found the feeds one a variety of subjects that I might like to have on my fingertips.
As I continue to exlore the world of blogs and RSS I will find more things I am interested in.

1 comment:

Grendel said...

You've done a lot of thinking about this--and a lot of research! You have given me some food for thought, and I believe having the RSS feeds for the daily broadcast is worth passing on. Thanks for sharing!