Monday, June 30, 2008

Thing #11

Library Thing is pretty cool. I started off just thinking I would get me account, post my 5 books and move on, but hours later, I have been reading post from the talk and group pages, I looked at the events in the local section. I have added my favorite bookstores to my favorite venue list.
I found it interesting how many people were trying to find a book that they could not remember the title of (usually from thier childhood),and most have found them. Really cool resources. Many were asking for read aloud book advice for certain kinds of kids. very interesting.
I can easily see this being used as a place to get help finding titles of books for hard to find topics. Also a teacher was asking about early childhood songs that have been made into picture books. She must have gotten hundreds of repsonses!! What a great place to get book info!!
I am also going to continue to look through the goups and find one I could join for a while. It is nice to discuss the books I read with others sometimes.
Great Resource!!

2 comments:

Grendel said...

I just love this tool! I have enjoyed seeing what other bloggers read and have also enjoyed the posts. As teachers and librarians, we frequently get the question, " You know that book? The red one? With the girl?" We wait patiently while the tidbits of information emerge so we can help. Even adults, myself included, don't remember titles or authors all the time! Isn't it great that if we don't know, someone else probably will?

QueenB said...

Great site! I loved reading what other people have said about my favorite books.