Thursday, June 12, 2008

Thing #6


I have had a lot of fun playing with the different flickr toys... I mean tools. The different color pickers were cool. I loved going through the colors and seeing what pictures came up. I also enjoyed making trading cards and magazine covers but I haven't figured out what size picture to use and all mione are being cropped a lot. But it is fun. I made some trading cards for some different kinds of birds. I could see 2nd grade using this during their bird unit. The magazine cover was fun. I think it would be a fun way for older kids - 3+ to pull out the main points in a science or SS chapter or unit. Jigsaw was also fun to use. Thinking about what I might try to use with my kids next year, I would probably use the trading cards to make alphabet trading cards.

I also loved playing the guess the caption.

1 comment:

Jodi Pendarvis said...

Yes, 2nd grade bird unit...exactly what I thought. Or for third grade's animal research or fifth grade's Revolutionary War hero research. Any type of research.

It could be used as a prewriting activity, too, where students write details about their topic or the characteristics of a character.

I like the way you give specifics when you're brainstorming uses for these tools and that you think beyond just your grade level. Cool.



I think my problem would be to want to use this one too much.