Thursday, June 19, 2008

Thing 7

I have had a lot of fun playing with the Google tools. I first just looked around, then I made myself an iGoogle page. I added the time tool, moon phases and the weather. Then I found some fun games to play, and 2 of the " best pictures" tools. I put on a couple of news sources on too. I am not sure how this could be used for curriculum so I will be watching what others say.
I love to use Google Earth. I have been using it for a while now. I have visited amy places I would never go to like Greenland, Svalbard ( an island near the north pole), areas in China as well as familar places. When reading it is fun to see what it looks like where the book is taking place. Last year I used this a lot for my kids who were reading or studying unfamilar areas to help them get a better feel for the setting.
I am still working on the notebook tool. I am a little mixed up on a few things so Iwill go back and check out the how to more.

1 comment:

Grendel said...

Jill, I think that is an excellent idea. It really does help students when they can visualize the setting. Good idea!