Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Thing #22 Ning

Ning is a pretty cool tool. At this point I am not into social networks but I can see the potential especially for older kids and networking among teachers. I like the way you can easily make your network focusing on your specific needs either professional or curricular. I liked the scenario described in the description of Ning. It could be a very powerful experience for students. Using the teacher networks is a great way to share ideas, get ideas solving a problem and just 'talking' with others in your situation. I did not try to make one but I did visit several teacher ones and found them very interesting. There are some that are mostly sharing ideas, some kind of complaining about stuff and others just sharing experiences. A lot of potential!

No comments: