Saturday, July 19, 2008

Thing # 18 Online Productivity tools


I looked at both Open Docs and Google docs. They seem basically comparable to Office. One of the neat things about Google docs is that you can share your documents as you are working on it and not have multiply copies of your original streaming all over email. Open doc did not have a clip art gallery that I could find but I guess I could find pictures I want and have them saved, but I do like having a bank of picts at my fingertips. They both have spell check and option
s to change font, color, size, add tables, graphics... Some things are not as easy to do in the free applications as it is in Office. So now that I have rambles a along a little about each, I think they are ok for a free version of these productivity applications. I think people who do more complex things in these would need to see it they will work for them too.

2 comments:

Grendel said...

I have been able to use Open Office a little bit. It does feel strange at first, but I think I could get used to it. As you say, though, pictures at your fingertips counts for a lot!

Andy said...

I think one annoying thing about Google is that you can't download the document back down again in its original form - it seems to convert it to a google format so as a general document repository it's not as useful. As a collaboration tool it's quite nice.