Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Thing # 21 Podcast and Vidcast

I enjoyed looking at/listening to the podcasts and vidcasts. I think there are big possibilities with both of these. The can be used for oral reports so it doesn't take up so much class time. - also helps with anxiety for some kids. Kids can record their podcast, then teacher and other students can listen at their pleasure and leave comments. Same for the vid casts doing very creative projects. It will be very helpful in making how to's info video books and the like that can be used as needed. I made an ABC book. What I would like to do with my kindergartners would be to have an older kids or a volunteer to help the kids find the pictures they want for an ABC book, then as a group we would pull them into photostory, then have each child record their own "A is for ..." sentences.I think it would be really cool. The really great thing is that it is so easy to do. It just takes time to find the pictures your want. I would also like to try scanning in pictures the kids make (or use ones made with Kidpix) and use them for a vid book.

2 comments:

VWB said...

sound like grand plans...hope you will keep us in the loop by sharing thru your blog.

Kinder2:) said...

Where is your ABC book? I would love to see it. Do you have book buddies from older grades in your school?They will be the best helpers to find the picture in one session and if you have a photo camara take the pictures at one time and when you are working with storybook will be easy to down load.