Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Thing #15

Yea Thing 15. I am getting there!
I read Away from the “icebergs”
and To more powerful ways to cooperate.
In Away From the "Icebergs" post, I think many areas are facing icebergs in thier attempts to embrace the technology generation. It is hard to let go of the past that we are comfortable with whether in the Library, the classroom, the office or the grocery store. Iderson find I am very guilty in the Just in Case Collection senerio. I keep paper files of things even though I have them saved on the computer and several other places. I don't even use those paper files, but Just in Case! In libraries I think it will be easier to go techie in the information areas of the library a lot sooner than other sections. Most people still lkie to curl up with a nice book in thier hands to read.
I think that one of the most motivating ideas to get users into technolgy is what was discussed in Rick Anderson's second 'iceberg.' of He talked about the web having so much more information than most libraries can physiclly hold. When we need more information for work or pleasure, we will all come to the web to get more sources. This makes helping people connect to those resources and learning how to check reliability a big role of new libraians and teachers.
Library 2.0 is the direction for all libraries to head inorderto help their patrons access the information they need wether physical or web based.

No comments: